I modified this recipe, originally from Whole foods, to what our taste buds preferred.
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water (for cooking quinoa)
- 1 package frozen mango from Trader Joe’s, thawed OR 2-3 diced fresh mangos
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds, unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 3 cups frozen edamame, thawed
- Juice of 4 limes
- 4 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- Rinse quinoa well, cook as directed.
- Fluff quinoa when done, spread out to let it cool.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Once cooled, add quinoa to the mixture and toss.
- Cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, and enjoy!