Another great recipe that I modified to have no refined sugar in it.
- 2 cups wheat all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ cups mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup raw unfiltered honey
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and ginger. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, honey and melted butter. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, just until moistened. Toss the blueberries in the remaining 1 tablespoon of flour. Fold in the blueberries and coconut. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle some more coconut on top of the batter for a topping if you prefer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. (Cover the top of the bread with foil during the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent over browning, if necessary.)
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan then carefully remove to a wire rack to cool completely.