These delicious muffins are a healthy choice for breakfast-on-the-go or just a sweet treat. I modified this recipe so that it didn’t include any added sugar.
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 c. quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 c. raw unfiltered honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c banana, mashed (about 3 medium bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, stir together the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the honey, mashed bananas, eggs and butter. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups, filling about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and let cool on wire rack.